Important Close-Out Grant Information for:
SIS AmeriCorps members
- The last day a member can count service hours is February 29, 2012
- All active members who have served at least 15% of their service hours in allowable activities and passed in their completed exit papework will be eligible for a pro-rated award
- All active member with less than 15% of their hours served will be exited out of the SIS AmeriCorps program with no award and the member's term of service will not count against the four terms of AmeriCorps service a person is allowed in a lifetime.
- All active members must pass in all time logs and exit paperwork by March 15, 2012.
- Your SIS campus coordinator will review your position descriptions/site agreements for any prohibited activities and/or unallowable service and review your member file for completeness before exiting you from the SIS program.
- Any hours found unallowable and/or prohibited will be disallowed before you are exited with a pro-rated education award per federal regulations
- If you think that any of your service hours might be unallowable or prohibited, please review your position description/site agreement and time logs with your SIS campus coordinator. It is really important to do this before being exited from the program. As a reminder, prohibited/unallowable service includes:
- Any service that is listed on the “List of Prohibited Activities”
- Any service that is purely administrative/clerical in nature and is not in support of the direct service you are giving to your community
- Any service completed at or through an elected official’s office (even if it is community service focused)
- Any service completed for the benefit of the college campus and its students and not directly for the community (except in service-learning centers where the member is mobilizing other student volunteers). If you are unsure whether it is allowed, contact your SIS campus coordinator
- Any service hours conducted and entered on your first time log that is before your official enrollment date
- Any service hours after Wednesday, February 29, 2012
- Any hours on time sheets that are not signed and dated by the member or site supervisor or that do not list the service activities performed
NOTE: Your SIS campus coordinator will be reviewing your member file for completeness before you are exited. Your SIS campus coordinator may ask you for additional information to complete your member file or may ask you to make corrections on forms (ex. missing signature and/or date on a time log) that are needed before you can be exited from the SIS program.
If you have questions about your term of service, the termination of the SIS AmeriCorpsgrant, or other SIS AmeriCorps program question, please contact your SIS campus coordinator