Important Close-Out Grant Information for:
- Campus partners must immediately exit any “inactive” SIS members with no-award (make sure to follow the “no award” exit protocol).
- The last day an SIS member (whether enrolled in the 2009, 2010, or 2011 grant years) can count service hours is Wednesday, February 29, 2012. No hours past this date will be allowable.
- SIS members completing service hours on or before February 29, 2012 and passing in completed exit paperwork, will receive a pro-rated educational award based on allowable hours served through Wednesday, February 29, 2012.
- SIS members will need to pass in all their time logs and exit paperwork by Thursday, March 15, 2012 (failure to do so may result in member being exited with “no award”).
- Any service that is listed on the “List of Prohibited Activities”
- Any service that is purely administrative/clerical in nature and is not in support of the member's direct service
- Any service completed at or through an elected official’s office (even if it is community service focused)
- Any service completed for the benefit of the college campus and its students and not directly benefit the community (except in service-learning centers where the member is mobilizing other student volunteers) If you are unsure whether it is allowed, call the SIS Help Line at 360-650-2044.
- Any service hours conducted and entered on the time sheet before the member’s official enrollment date.
- Any service hours after Wednesday, February 29, 2012.
- Any hours on time sheets that are not signed and dated by the member or site supervisor or that do not list the service activities performed
NOTE: Any hours where the member is participating in any of the unallowable service listed above MUST have those hours DISALLOWED and REMOVED from the time log database BEFORE the member can be exited with a pro-rated award. (Failure to disallow hours that fall into the above categories before exiting the member with a pro-rated education award may result in the college/university being required to reimburse CNCS for all, or part, of the education award issued to their student member.)
You must review the new and old site agreement/position descriptions and time logs very carefully to be sure that all hours served are allowable BEFORE exiting the member(s). If you are not sure, call the SIS Help Line at 360-650-2044.
Once all the SIS members have been exited, then the member files will need to be reviewed by the campus partner for completeness, boxed, and shipped to their state Campus Compact office by April 30, 2012. (Failure to have complete member files with all required documents may result in the college/university being required to reimburse CNCS for all or part of the education award issued to their student members.)