Getting Started: Campus Compacts
Once you have been selected as a Campus Compact to administer the SIS program in your state, please proceed through the following steps:
- Pass the subcontract template by your grants office for review so we can make sure the language is accurate for the grants office approval. (Note: This process could take 2-3 weeks) Have your grants office make corrections to the template word document and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All new campus compacts are required to use the decentralized model to administer the program in their state.
- WACC will provide the campus compact with training using a train-the-trainer model.
- Select your 3 - 6 strongest campuses who have expressed the most interest and preferable, have a service learning center, career center, or academic department interested in administering the SIS program from their department. Train these campus SIS coordinators first, and then add more states as needed.
- Once your campuses have been chosen, send the campus an MOU or subcontract between your Campus Compact and their university/department.
- The Campus Compact will train the participating campus SIS coordinators on how to administer the SIS program on their campus using the SIS web site Campus Partner Training Web Page.
- Once campus partners have been chosen and trained, please provide WACC with the contact person for each campus so we can add it to the SIS web site list of SIS campus Coordinators.
- The state Campus Compact will monitor and support their campus partners through emails, periodic phone calls, conference calls, and 1 - 2 site visits per grant year.
Page Updated 05.12.2011